Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 415, Wednesday Car inspection

Up and attem just like always, protein shake for breakfast, power bar at 10.  It was your typical busy morning and I got a call at 11am that my Cadillac was ready to be picked up.  I asked if there were any issues and the man said, no that the car was in tip top shape.  I was not surprised, so I called the guy in Boston and told him the car checked out great and that he could call the dealer and find out for himself.

I arranged to get a ride to the dealer with my Dad on my lunch hour and I picked up the car.  As I was standing in the Service Department the man from Boston called and the Service Tech, told him the car was in excellent shape.  I got the car and headed home and as I was driving I call from Boston.  He was very pleased and said the transport company should be calling me this week to possibly pick the car up.  This was the tricky part, he wanted me to send the signed title and when he received it he would wire the money.  I figured I would have the car, so I should be fine, but I was still a little nervous.  I agreed and we hung up.  Two minutes later the transport company called and he was two hours away and would be there first thing tomorrow.  This was a problem, as there was no way I could get the title to Boston by tomorrow.  The driver said he would wait until I got the money, but we were very lucky on our timing to be able to catch this truck.  I called the guy in the Boston, and said he would wire me the money first thing tomorrow moring if I would send him a signed copy of the title, which I said I would.

That evening I cleaned the car out of all my belongings and cleaned the original tires and hub caps and put them in the turnk of the car.  I was kind of sad to see the car go, but I knew it was going to a good home and the guy is crazy about the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment