Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 424, Restoration of the Traveleze

Old brass light fixtures needing some help.
Here I am in Oklahoma City working on projects around the house for my friends Brad and Robin. Robin and I sat down and created a list of all the things we think that need to be fixed.  First on Robin's list was replace all the ageing brass exterior light fixtures.  The lights are fine, but the brass has started to pit and tarnish.  I suggested we just paint with a hammered bronze paint and see if we can save them.  Robin was up for that, so I got to work on taking the lights down and removing the glass pannels.  While Robin went to a lunch appointment, I stayed home and worked on the lights. 

It was a busy day with repairs as there was a pool man, an electrician, a plumber, the cable man, lawn guy and the cleaning lady at the house all at the same time.  I got the lights all done just about the time Robin got back from her lunch appointment.  We then looked at the list and headed out to go buy what we needed to fix the rest of the items on the list.



The deck for the Traveleze

Back at Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration, Justin was busy working on the Traveleze.  I would love to be there working on the trailer, but for now I just have live through the pictures that he sends me.  Today I was shocked to see the progress that they had made.  They had reconstructed the decking, and the side walls.  They have replaced nearly all the wood framing with new and it looks awesome.  Justin said in another day they will be ready to stand the walls and sheet the roof!


The rebuilt frame wall of the Traveleze.

The progress is amazing and I'm shocked how fast the process is moveing along.  By next week I will be having to make interior decisions as the trailer start to take shape.  I know I want to hide an AC unit in the trailer under the bed in back on the floor.  Justin is confident it can be done and that we can hide the unit so you don't see it.  I also think I want to put in a toilet, so that is there just incase someone wants it.  Justin and I have also talked about returning the appliances to what came with the trailer and putting in small range and seperate refrigerator.
 It had been a fun day and I was very happy with the progress of the trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment