Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 418, Painting and Vintage Trailers

painting the TV wall
I got up and figured I needed to paint one more wall and this time the lighter of the two colors, which is to go on the TV wall and the west wall.  The TV cabinet wall is a lot smaller than the west wall, so I figured I would start there.

I moved the TV cabinet and nearly killed my back in doing so.  I even heard a "pop" and I wasn't sure if I popped a disked of just my back.  I didn't feel any pain, so I just kept going.  After I cut in around all the edges and the light switches and thermostat I was ready to roll.  I enjoy rolling way more then cutting in, it seems to provide more instant satisfaction when you cover more wall faster.
TV wall painted

I wasn't sure I was going to like to like the color and I almost started to get that panicked feeling that I shouldn't be changing the wall color.  I focused on finishing the wall and quickly moved everything back in place once the wall had dried.  The look was amazing and realized that the change was not going to kill me and that the new colors were awesome.  I sent a text with pictures to the decorator and she texted back "It looks fantastic".

A 1950/51 Spartanette
That was all the time I had to paint today.  I had a number of chores I needed to get done and I had to buy chicken scratch and layer feed.  I also wanted to go to the Vintage Trailer Rally at Camp Sherman.  I went to this rally last year I had just gotten my Traveleze  I had hopped to have had it ready to take to the rally but no luck.  I did learn that they were able to pull all the windows out of Traveleze on Thursday, so the process is now finally starting.

The Rally was nicely attended and there were several Spartanettes, which are my favorite.  I enjoy all the trailers but the Spartanette's are awesome.  It was last year on the drive to this rally that the AC went out on the Rolls, so I had driven it today, to see if it could make it.  The AC worked perfectly and it was HOT, mid 90's.

I left the Rally around 3:30pm and headed home.  I have a 5:30pm Oktoberfest party to go to at a friends house.

The party was fun and my friend Tracy went with me.  We stayed until about 7:30pm and then headed home. We stopped off at WalMart to buy some groceries and then home.  I was exhausted and we both commented that we must be getting old, because we were both tired on a Saturday night.

I was home by 8:30pm, locked the Chickens in for the night and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment