Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 408, Hump day

Today was far less stressful than yesterday.  The office was slammed and the phone rang non-stop.  We all had our tasks to do and we worked seamlessly.  I was very proud of everyone calmly and happily working on projects.  It was also one our office workers 28th Birthday, so we had to celebrate with breakfast ordered in.

I worked through lunch and had a leftover sandwich from yesterdays Board meeting.  The day passed pretty quickly and soon it was 5pm and it was time for me to head to my 5:30pm Airport Commission meeting.  The meeting lasted just about an hour and I was home by 6:50pm.  As always, my first thing to do was let the chickens out and collect my two eggs.  The hens are really getting fun and they do a little dance and talk up a storm in anticipation of me opening the door.  The minute the door is open they fly the coop.

Out for a run
There had been a rain shower when I was in my meeting and the ground was wet and it had that fresh summer rain shower smell.  It was nice to be home before dark and I had plenty of time to go for a run.  I changed clothes and headed out to run my loop through the country side.  It's an amazing neighborhood and I can't help but feel so blessed to live here.  My favorite part of my run is short section of a country gravel lane, along the pasture and horses.  In the fall when the leaves turn and start to fall, it's picture out of a Norman Rockwell book.

I can't help but notice that my running is getting so much stronger and my lungs are in the best shape ever they have ever been.  My asthma is all but gone and I can't remember the last time I had an attack.  My lungs can last as long as I want to run, my legs are stronger and they too seem to have no limits.  With my earphones plugged into my iphone I can escape the issues of work and enjoy the moment.

Returning from my run it was starting to get dark and the chickens had turned in for the night.  I gave them food and fresh water for tomorrow and called it a night. 

I was feeling a little restless before bed and I still had some energy, so went out in the garage and worked out on the universal gym for 30 minutes.  It was a great day, and troubled week seemed to be turning out okay.  Three down two to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment