Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 410, The Big Day, the Dinner, Dance and Auction

Here it is Friday, I was up at 6:45 and out the door by 7:30am.  I was feeling pretty good about the day and I knew it was going to be a long one.

It would be an understatement to say the day was busy and everyone was working as fast as possible. I went out to the event site around 2pm and they decorating was coming along well, but we  had a ton of work to do.  I had recruited my father to help any free relative or friend from the office was called to help out.  By 4pm it had all come together and we could all run home and change into something that fits our gameshow theme.

I was back the convention center at 5pm wearing a Ricky Ricardo Tropicana shirt and feeling pretty stupid, but I figured it would be worth a few laughs, I hoped.  The guest started arriving at 5:54pm and the event was in full swing by 6:15pm.

Let's Make A DEAL Game show theme
The event was a great success and I think everyone had a great time.  The food was good, the entertainment was good...including the appearance of a live NUBIAN GOAT.  By 10pm it was over and we could start breaking the decorations down.  What took several days to create, came down in an hour and we were ready to head back to the office.  I had to drop off a live 12 foot tree that was an auction item to a co-workers mother and take another one home to my house for pick up tomorrow.  We unloaded everything at the office and I was heading home at 11:30pm.  It was a 16+ day and I was exhausted.

When I got home I went and locked the chickens up.  I was so tired, but I was to wound up from the event that I could not sleep.  I sat on the couch and watched some TV and finally crashed at 12:30am.

The week was over and I survived 5 very long days.  Tomorrow I'm sleeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment