Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 409, Leadership

Today is the first day of Leadership and I left the house at 7:15am to go buy donuts and get ice for the cooler.  The class was going to be held across the street from office at City Hall.  With 20 people in the class I had a buy a lot of food to last through the day and plenty of breakfast snacks to start the day off right.

This is my 8th time facilitating the program, so I have it down to a science.  The class went very smoothly and all participants enjoyed the first class.  We finished up about 4:45pm and I was back to the office.

Tomorrow is our Dinner Dance and Auction, so the office was really busy.  I jumped in helping with auction items and then helped paint a sign.  The longest and most tedious project is the hand writing of the bid sheets, which I got started on.  By 10:15pm I was exhausted and said enough.  Other staff members were still busy and they ended up calling it a night around 10:30pm.

I got home at 10:30pm and went to check on the chickens.  There 4 eggs in the nesting box, which is the first in a long time.  I refilled the food supply and gave them fresh water.  I'll be super busy tomorrow, so they will need to be locked up all day again tomorrow.

I went in and went to bed, four down, one to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment