Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 411, A day of Rest

I woke up around 8:15am and laid in bed until 9am.  I was exhausted and so relieved that the week was over.  I got up and started doing a few chores.  I called my Dad and asked if he wanted to go to the Lincoln and Continental Owners Club Rally that was being held at Eagle Crest Resort.  He said sure, so I said I would be there around 10am. 

1947 Lincoln Convertible
I figured I needed to drive the Packard, since I was going to classic car event.  I picked up my parents and drove over to the event.  My friend Peter also had been there and was leaving when he saw me pull up, so he turned his 1949 Buick Roadmaster around and came back to say hello. Many people stopped to look at Pete's Buick and took pictures of my Packard too.  There were about 50 cars at the show and some were pretty spectacular.  I was particularly interested in a yellow 1947 Lincoln convertible.  The car was flawless and restored to better than new condition.  We walked around looked at them all and enjoyed the morning.  

After the show I dropped my parents back off at home and then I headed downtown, to run to the office to use the computer and then to the bank.  Yesterday I had a phone call from a gentleman in Boston who is very interested in buying my 1990 Cadillac Brougham.  I needed to send him some pictures and my office computer is much faster.  After depositing my paycheck at the bank I drove the Packard to another car show, this one was in Prineville about 20 miles away.

1936 DeSoto Airflow, Prineville, Oregon, September 17, 2011
The Prineville show had a lot of cars including the 1936 DeSoto Airflow that won all the awards at the Redmond show.  It was nice to see it again and to talk to the own about it.  I saw a few people I know and had a nice chat.  I also realized I hadn't eaten so grabbed two hot dogs from one of the vendors.

After Prineville I headed to Bend and made a Costco run.  I stocked up on several supplies and then headed home.  The Packard drove great and it was good to drive it on a long run.

Back home I was still feeling a bit worn out from the long week, so I just kicked back and enjoyed the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment