Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 124, Friday Tree Auction

Another wonderful Friday and it was going to be a busy day.  At work we had our Coffee Clatter, I needed to get my parents lights up, the Hospice Tree Auction was 5pm and I needed to pick up my parents at the airport at 11pm.

The Coffee Clatter was great, with 108 people in attendance.  It's always a great way to end the week and kick off the weekend.

I took 3 hours off work and left at 2pm to go put the last few lights at my parent  house before they got home for the holidays.  It only took about 1 hours to get three trees wrapped in lights and luckily it was a nice afternoon, but cold.  After I got the trees done, I needed to run to the bank and it would give me a chace to attend a ribbon cutting of one of members.

The Hospice Tree Aucation opened it doors for viewing at 5pm and I figured I would leave here at 5pm and get there about 5:45pm.  The auctioning of the trees started at 7:30pm and was one of 3 bid runners, who got the signitures from the winning bidder.  My cactus was towards the end at 8:30pm my cactus was auctioned and went for $400.  I was very happy for the high bid and the winner was the Ford dealership.

My folks plane was going to be an hour late, so had time to run home after the auction and read a few pages of the bible.  I'm down to the home stretch.  I want to be done by Sunday, four days ahead of schedule.  My parents called when their planed landed and I jumped in the truck to get them.  By the time they collected their lugage I was there waiting for them.  It was nice to have them home for the holidays.

It had also started snow and the streets were just beginning to get covered.  I was hoping it would snow all night and I would wake up to a 1' of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment