Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 137, Leadership and Pies

I was up at 6:40am and out the door at 7:10am, to run a few errand before I had to be at the College for our Leadership Class.  I usually pick up a few breakfast snacks, fruit, donuts, coffee creamer, ice, soda's etc and when I ran in past the deli I realized I never ordered my meat and cheese tray and vegi tray for my party tomorrow.  I quickly ran over to the counter and placed my order and I was out of the store in no time.

Next errand was to the post office to mail a package off to my friends Brad and Robin in Oklahoma, I only had 10 minutes to get this done and to my surprise I was there and back in no time and made to the campus with a minute to spare (now that was fast).

Pumpkin pies right out of the oven.

The leadership program ran smoothly and the class rated the program very high.  I'm always pleased when all the speakers hit their mark and the class flows perfectly.  Leadership days always fly by and before I knew it the day was over.  I had a few errands to run on the way home from work so I could bake some pies and few other things.

Tonight I was going to bake 2 pumpkin pies and 2 pecan pies.  I have a secret recipe for pumpkin pies, that makes a killer pie.  I just use the recipe on the Libby Pumpkin Pie can, but instead of 2 cans of evaporated milk I put in one can and one can of sweet and condensed.  It's the best pumpkin pie ever!  The pecan pie recipe I use is my grandmother's and it is pretty amazing.  It's the best pecan pie recipe ever and the best part is it is so easy.  3 large eggs, well beaten, 1/4 cup melted butter (add to eggs slowly), 1 cup light or dark Karo Syrup, 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, pour into unbaked pie shell and place pecans on top, bake at 350 for 1 hour.  I like to bake it until the center starts to rise up a bit, sometimes a little over an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment