Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 150, Wednesday Cold and Stormy

After another night of extremely strong winds I was surprised I didn't have any damage at day light. Several times during the night I wondered  if the roof was going to stay on.  It was a pretty impressive storm front that came in.  The temperature also dropped quite a bit too and the high is expected to be around 30.

The Packard back home, it was 29 and snowing.

Today was kind of a fun day.  I fired up the old Packard and despite the 29 degree temp, I took the car out to run errands.  I drove to the store and did some Christmas sale shopping, got my hair cut, went back to the antique store and bought some old records and then I had the tires on the Packard checked at Les Schwab.   I stopped at Lowes on the way home and bought a few more Christmas sale items - I didn't want to pass up 75% off. I should now be all set for next year.

When I got home I let the chickens out to enjoy some freedom.  I kept my eye on them this time so I didn't have any run-aways.  They were very productive today and laid 5 eggs.

By 5pm the snow had started falling again, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get quite a bit more tonight. 

At 8:45pm I went to see the movie Tron in 3D.  It's hard to believe a movie is $13.25 and box of Butter Fingers is $3.75.  I'm getting old, I remember when $5 would by you the movie, popcorn a drink and you would still have money leftover.  It was still fun to see and nice to be with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment