Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 133, 19 weeks with the Traveleze


The church youth group put a program following the story
of a Charlie Brown's Christmas and it was excellent.

Sunday started off really warm and got into the high 50's and it almost felt like spring.  I had a lot on agenda to get accomplished today so I was up an at-em early.

Church was at 11am and today was the youth program, so I wasn't sure how it was going to go.  Sometimes I'm not the best youth programs, but was up for it.  I texted my friend Doug and he was willing to go so I said I would pick him up. 

The youth this year were putting on "A Charlie Brown's Christmas" and to my surprise it was excellent.  The kids hit every little phrase and nuance.  The sets were great and they stayed true to program.  It was awesome.


The Traveleze with a Leg Lamp gleaming in the window.
 Back at home I needed to clean out the garage for my party.  It was a mess of Christmas light boxes and lights.  I need to have it cleaned because a number of people sneak through the garage at my party and some will want to see the cars.  It was an embarrassment, so it had to be a priority.  After a few hours it looked very presentable.

The Christmas tree in the potting shed
Next I needed to clean up in the back yard, as most of my guest will park in the back pasture and walk past the barn and the Traveleze.  I thought if people are walking past the trailer I should have some Christmas lights in the trailer.  I did a quick stringing of lights and put a "Leg Lamp" for the movie A Christmas Story.  It looked great and as my guest passed by there would be sure to get a kick out it.

I also worked a little on the potting shed so if anyone wants to take a look it would be looking great.  The potting shed is probably one of my favorite places at my house during the holidays.  There is a simplistic charm about it that just makes you feel good.

It was a very productive day and the chickens had enjoyed being free range birds for the day.  They laid 5 eggs 3 days in a row. 

No comments:

Post a Comment