Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 142, Tuesday December 21

With the winter solstice at hand, the day should finally start to get longer and not shorter.  Tonight my parents are hosting a Solstice party with the neighbors, so it should be fun evening.

Work was pretty casual, just finished on little writing and scheduling for January and then it was off to my workout.  The roads in Bend were  very slippery and I had to drive in 4 wheel and very slow.  The workout was brutal, but very good.  I left the gym around 5:15pm and headed home only to get caught in a traffic jam that was caused by an accident.  A semi truck t-boned a white Mercedes E class in an intersections just moments before I got there.  I wasn't sure who hit who, but no one was hurt and I had a party to go to.  It took me about 20 minutes longer to get home, but I made it.

On my drive home I placed a phone call to Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration, because I had checked out his website and he is in the process of finishing up the restoration on the 1952 Spartanette. The photo's are amazing and I want to see this beauty.  Who know I might even think I have to have it (I've been bitten by the trailer bug bad).  I left a message for the owner and asked if I could come by and see this awesome trailer.

The party at my parents house was in full swing by the time I got there.  There was plenty of food and lots to drink.  The only problem with serving red wine when you have white carpet is when the two meet.  There was accident and wine went flying, but luckily with Spot shot and lots of paper towel it all came up.


1952 Spartanette Tandem, getting ready to go up for sale.

By 10pm we had the party all cleaned up and I was ready to head home and go to bed.  The full moon was spectacular on the snow.  On my way home I realized that I had just missed a call from from Flyte Camp Restorations, so called back.  I was invited to come see the trailer whenever I wanted that they are working late on it, in order to get it done and up for sale.  I definitely need to go see and he still has my trailer on his waiting list and it will probably be 2 months.  If you want to see an awesome 1952 Spartanette check out http://www.flytecamp.com/ .

When I crawled into bed I turned off the lights I couldn't believe how bright it was with the full moon and snow.  I laid there for an hour just looking out over the yard.  I  had the radio playing low; it was the season at it's finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment