Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 151, Burr

With a dusting of snow and much cooler temps it made for an interesting day.  There was just enough snow to keep my folks car in garage and to engage my chauffeur duties. 

First appointment of the day was to take my Mom to get her hair done.  The beauty shop she goes to is in Tumalo and can best be described as the shop in Steel Magnolias.  You can tell everyone there knows everyone and they have a good time swapping stories. 

Next was picking up my Father and taking them both to the bank, two banks actually.  Then I had to take Mom back home, by which time the roads had melted enough that she could go back to town pick up my Father and go to another appointment.

After waiting more than 40 minutes at the Vets, my cats were
 not happy.

I ran back home and had to load up my two cats for their annual visit to the vet for booster shots and a check up.  I ended up waiting 40 minutes before the Doctor came in (not happy).  With bill of clean health and $189 ding to my credit card it was time to cats home.

I was now going to be late for my meeting in Bend at the Sons of Norway lodge so I made a phone call to let them know I was coming.  As it turns out I was going to be really late, as there was a huge accident on hwy 97 backing up traffic for several miles.  I did a U-turn on the hwy and headed for the Old Bend Redmond Hwy, only to find another accident (a pickup roll-over), which backed up traffic for several minutes.  By the time I got to the Lodge I was an hour and 5 minutes late.  Oh, well, I least I got there in one piece.

The drive home was fine and I went to my folks house for some of the last of the turkey leftovers.  Yum, its still good after 5 days.  I was way too full after dinner and went home to crash.  It was 17 degrees by 9pm - Its going to be a very cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment