Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 125, Time to get a tree


New snow

It snowed during the night and I woke up to 2" of snowing covering the yard.  It was snowing lightly and it the temperature was 25.  Today I needed to get a tree and my friend Tracy was going to go with me to cut trees, her, my folks, and 2 for me.  I put a tree in the house, and one in the potting shed (not sure why, but it looks cool).

Tracy and agreed to go at 11am and when I picked her up it  hadn't warmed up at all.  We thought we would run by the tree lot and see if they had anything that might work and save the time and from freezing in the woods.  The tree lot is run by Steve, who I order the tree from the city and he knows I like a big tall thin tree.  Steve had two that were perfect for my folks and myself, and Tracy found a full perfect tree herself too.  Steve even had a small tree that would be perfect for the shed.  In a matter of 20 minutes we had the picked out the trees and were heading home and we didn't freeze.

Deer by the pond

The first stop was Tracy's house to put her tree up.  Her tree was small and easy to put up so it took no time at all to get up.  We then went to my house to drop my trees off and then on to my folks to get their tree up.  It was also time for the civil war game between Oregon and Oregon State, so we caugh part of the game, had a bite to eat and got their lights put on their tree.  Now all they needed to do was decorate and Tracy and went to my house to get my tree up and then to put up lights outside on the big spruce and to set up the lighted reindeer.

Tracy and went to check on the chickens and they wanted nothing to do with snow and they stayed put in the pen.  I collected 2 eggs so my total for the day was 4.  The light in the coop has definately increased egg production.

Potting shed with tree.

After we got my lights up it was starting to get dark and it was time to take my frozen friend Tracy home.  She was frozen from head to toe and couldn't figure out how I wasn't cold too.  I told her she was a disgrace to her Norwegian heritage.

With Tracy warm at home I went home and put the tree up in the potting shed.  It's a tiny tree, so it never takes long and there is not much to it, keeping with the simplistic rustic enviornment.

Once done with the shed I went out to my folks to check on their lights in the yard, to see if my work was satisfactory.  The lights looked great!  We went out to dinner down at the lodge and Eagle Crest was a winter wonderland with lights everywhere.  It is a magical spot during the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment