Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 146, Christmas Day

Merry Christmas!  My family is not as eager as most families, to get up and open gifts.  We usual take our time and have a late breakfast.  I didn't get up today until 8am.  Breakfast was going to be at my folks house at 9am, so I needed to get moving.  After giving some quality time to the cats and putting fresh water and feed to the chickens pen, I was on my way to breakfast. 

Dad and Mom working on the turkey, still wearing their
party-favor crowns

I arrived right at 9am and my brother and his family shortly after.  Santa had visited my parents house and there were stockings for every one.  Santa usually brings us an ornament and this year was no different.  I got an elephant on ice skates.  I think the artist must have been smoking something when they made this one, but it's funny and will find a place on my tree.
 
We had an excellent breakfast with scrambled eggs, ham, fruit and toast.  Following breakfast we opened gifts and as always, it was a lot of fun.  It was great to have two nephews there and to see their enthusiasm. I happened to get them these neat remote control Air Hog motorcycles that were a big hit.  I actually heard about them from Deliah on the radio, go figure.

The Christmas Table

We had dinner a 6pm and it was the full turkey, mash potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, etc, dinner - It was spectacular.  I don't know what my mom did, but the turkey was the best ever and I'm not just saying that, it was really moist. The table was stretched to it's full length and there were 9 of us for dinner.  It's always amazing the amount of time that goes into preparing Christmas dinner and how fast it take us to eat it.  After eating myself to the point of feeling like I was going to burst, I had to quit and I didn't even finish eating my pecan pie.

The night wound down and I went home around 10pm.  It was nice to be home and I tossed in A Charlie Brown Christmas to the DVD player.  It was the perfect way to end the day. 
Linus, tells Charlie Brown the meaning of Christmas.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them,

Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

No comments:

Post a Comment