Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 131, Friday

Another work week is coming to an end, and the excitement of the weekend was already in full gear.

I went home for lunch around 1pm and as I drove down the driveway, a large winter-hawk flew out of the tree and across the field.  I though this was probably a good indication that I should keep the chickens in the coop and not let them out today.  I went to check on the chickens and the had flipped their water bucket over so they were a bit thirsty.  I replaced the water and they tried very hard to get around me and out to freedom.  With the hawk so close I thought I should keep them, even though the hawk has never bothered them before.

My Friday night was going to be kicked back, I was exhausted and the thought of just taking it easy sounded perfect.  It's kind of scary, but the older I get the thought of being in bed by 10pm on a Friday night sounds like really good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment