Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 149, Lost Chicken found


The lost chicken returns
 I woke up around 7am and I looked out the window to see that most of the snow had melted off during the night and to see my missing chicken walking along the old stone wall.  I got up and got dressed and hen was waiting at the pen door to go in with the rest of the chickens.  It was a little to tricky to keep the chickens in while getting the others in.


I had a lot of chores for the day including getting the oil changed in my truck and going to see the 1952 Spartanette at Flyte Camp.  An oil change takes about 20 minutes and it gives me the opportunity to go check out the showroom floor.  This time they had 2011 Mustang Shelby Cobra for $55K and change, as well as Ford Fiesta for $22K.  Yikes when did and economy car hit $22K?  I guess I shouldn't be surprised the little Toyota Prius hybrid is $31K.  The Mustang was beautiful I guess, but I would rather have a 67, or 68.


2011 Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra

Flyte Camp is not to far from the Ford dealership so I went there after the oil change and sticker shock.  The restoration on the Spartanette, was beautiful, with a blend of old and new.  The new lights and stainless counter in the kitchen were nice touches.  I'm just impressed with the shape.  There is something totally impressive about the length and curved ends.  The high gloss paneling gleamed and gave a warm glow to the inside.  It would be awesome to own this trailer and take it out on the road.  It's mighty tempting, but it's a bit too big from my F150 to pull. 

Justin, in his search for parts for the 52 Spartan, has found another 1950 Traveleze that will help get my trailer back on the road.  This Traveleze is all original, including windows and appliances, so we will be able to rebuild one good trailer.  I think there are 4 or five other trailers in front of me, so it won't be until Spring before he can get to my trailer.  I'm not in any rush either, winters are long around here and I wouldn't think of camping until after mid June.




No comments:

Post a Comment