Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 139, Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

I woke up to 7.5" of snow this morning, what a treat.  When I went to bed last night it was snowing pretty good, so I had hoped it would keep snowing and it obviously did.

The chickens were cozy in their coop and pen.
I slept in until 7:45am and I was eager to get going and check out the snow by 8am.  I grabbed my camera and took several snow shots around the yard.  I also walked to the end of the driveway to check out the house from the road.  There is such an amazing quietness about snow that just makes you take in the beauty.

After checking on he chickens I got in my truck and headed to town to get gas and then to go out to my parents house to pick up my father.  He wanted to run to Lowe's and he needed my truck.  It was interesting to drive in 7+ inches of snow and four wheel drive was the only way to get around and up hills.

I think these cows have already jumped over the moon.
Tonight is the Christmas dinner at the Son's of Norway Lodge and I was taking my parents and their friends to the lodge in Bend.  I picked them up at 5 and the moon was already up, it was beautiful.  The snow was so beautiful and it made the evening all that more memorable.  The dinner was a typical Norwegian dinner with ham, potatoes, cooked carrots and red cabbage, followed by rice pudding.  The highlight of the night was the kids performing the Santa Lucia precession.  I am sure for the kids participating in the precession will create memories that will last forever.

It has been a very special day full of the magic of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment