Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 132, A weeked to get things cleaned up.

I love Saturdays, I think I have said that number of times before and this Saturday was no different.  I did my usual lay in bed until 7:30am and then it was time for laundry and working on cleaning up the pre-Christmas mess. 

Tree up, working on the Lionel Polar Express
train around the bottom.

I needed to run to the post office and mail a few packages out to the Midwest and East Coast.  Once the packages were mailed I needed to do a Costco run and buy a few things for my part that will be next Friday on the 17th.  I had planed on Costco being crazy with people, but it wasn't I was shocked.

Saturday is also the day I clean out the chicken coop and make sure they are all cared for.  I also wanted to get some of the wood chips from the aspens I had removed and layer the floor of the pen with wood chips so the chickens would be out of the dirt and mud.  It has been raining a lot and the roof only keeps the wind and some rain out, but the rain does get in and the chickens were walking in mud.  It was huge improvement and when the chickens come back in this evening they will appreciate the new improved conditions.

The weather has warmed up a lot since last weeks snow and the forecast was for several days of temps in the 50's.

It was an excellent day and Christmas is in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment