Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 148, Monday and I don't have to go to work.

Mondays when I have to rush off to work the alarm clock seems so early and I always think I could sleep two more hours.  Today was the same feeling, but I didn't have to get up, it was awesome.  There was a fresh dusting so snow and it looked nice and white again.

The only thing on the agenda today was to go antique shopping with my Mom to find a narrow table for the back hall.  Redmond has a number of great antique stores and we planned to hit them all.  I picked my Mom at 10 and it took us nearly 2 hours just to go through the first store, which made it lunch time.  We decided to hit one more store and then go get a bite to eat.

Freshly polished and restored 52 Spartanette, on sale on eBay

Lunch was great and we hit one more antique store before calling it quits.  We had a number of pieces in mind that we wrote down the dimensions, so we wanted to go back to my house and  see if they would fit.  After all our looking we decided that we had not found the piece I need, so I'll keep looking.

Around 3pm, I placed a call to Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration, to see if I could come see his 1952 Spartanette.  I missed him, so I left a message, which was promptly returned.  I'm going to go see this trailer tomorrow and I'll be sure to bring my camera.  Justin put his Spartanette on eBay for sale and there are some great pictures - the link is below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1952-Spartan-Spartanette-Vintage-Restored-Travel-Traile-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0ce14e9dQQitemZ180604718749QQptZRVsQ5fCampers

If he can get my Traveleze to look half as nice as this Spartanette, I will be thrilled. I think you can see why it's worth the wait to have Flyte Camp work on the Traveleze.

Since I was home I let the chickens out for the after noon and they were very happy to be free.  With the pen empty it gave me the opportunity to clean it up a bit. Their pen has gotten a little muddy again, so I raked up some pine needles and covered the mud.  They laid 6 eggs today, so the production was way up.


The missing chicken
At 5:30pm it was dark and I went out to make sure the hens had gone back to the coop.  Three of them were still out in the yard, which is strange, they normally head for home when the sun goes down.  I think they are sick of the roosters picking on them and they didn't want to go back.  I picked each one up and put them back in the coop.  When I did a head count, I was short one chicken, my Buff Orpington.  I looked around the yard, but I couldn't find her.  She had been by the front door just before I went to check on them, now she was gone.  She could be roosting in one of the trees, or shrubs, or something might have gotten her.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow and see if she turns up.  I would hate to lose her, she is the one hen that lays an eggs every day without fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment