Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 141, Monday 5 days to Christmas

This is going to be a short week for my office as we will be closed Christmas Eve and then the entire week between Christmas and New Years.  We are trying to get the last 50 names of the "Giving Tree" shopped for and get the gifts out the door.

After work I went to the store to do some last minute shopping and get the last few filler gifts on my list.  I'm one of those people who shops year around so by August I'm usually pretty close to done and then I can spend the last few days shopping for fun things. 

I arrived home about 7:30pm and brought my sacks of goodies into the house and put them in my office where I do my wrapping.  The chickens needed some attention so they were next on my list and took out fresh water and some rolls left over from the Son's of Norway dinner, which they loved.

Tonight is the lunar eclipse on the Winter Solstice, which hasn't happened since the 1600's, so I figured I better stay up and take a look.  I popped the movie Elf into the DVD player after I watch Castle on TV.  I figured Elf would keep me awake until the eclipse, which it did.  About 10:35pm Pacific Time I went out and looked at the moon and the eclipse had just started.  I took a picture and to my surprise I was able to get a pretty good picture.  By 11:30pm the clouds had come and I could no longer see the moon.  I checked again at midnight, but still couldn't see the moon, so I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment