Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 242, Friday at the Swap Meet


1950 Plymouth
 Today was the first full day at the swap meet and the weather was a little cool and overcast, but it was not raining.  My alarm went off at 4:45am and I met Jon and Richard at 5am to go for breakfast. Following breakfast we caught a bus to the Expo C enter where Venders were let in at 6am.  After setting up the booth with the parts that Jon brought, I was off to walk around and see what was at the meet. 


1949 Lincoln Cosmopolitan

I walked around for about 3 hours and coverd a portion of the outside lots.  I really didn't see many cars that would work for pulling the Traveleze trailer.  I've been told that I really need a car with an 8 cylinder engine, to have the strength to pull the trailer. If I can find a 50's car with a modern engine and suspention would be the best, but I like original cars.

 There were a number of cars that caught my eye, including two 1950 Plymouth's, 2 door coupes, and a very unusual 1949 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Town Sedan.  The car needs a complete restoration but it is so unusual and rare that its worth restoring and it would look amazing pulling the Traveleze trailer.


A huge project in a 1947 Cadillac convertible
 Another car that really caught my eye was a complete restoration project and a car that looked like a total mess for $25,000, but it was a 1947 Cadillac Convertible.  This car would take $50,000 to restore yet it would be worth over $100,000.

It was a long day of looking at cars and parts and the swap meet was open until 7pm.  After closing down our booths we headed back to our hotel and 13 of us all went out to dinner

Tomorrow is another early morning, so bed time came early.

No comments:

Post a Comment