Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 268, Wednesday

This morning was beautiful and not as bitterly cold as yesterday, it was actually 30, instead of 22.  Okay, so it was still cold but the sunshine and clear skies made up for the cold.

Work was busy as usual, and I worked through my lunch, so I could go to my workout at 4:15pm.  Today for the first part of the workout we were going to go for a run. I was really looking forwarded to getting out in the sun and breathing in the fresh air.  My trainer has an intern who is learning the ropes and he has been helping out and pushing me to do even better.  We ran for about two miles and then they made me do sprints where I would ran as fast as I could for 30 seconds and then jog for 30, etc.  I managed to keep up and not pass out from lack of air which for me is amazing.  After the run we did some upper body and then some stretching, which was greatly needed.

On my way home I stopped off to see my trailer and to see Justin's 1954 Bel Air, but he didn't bring it.  My trailer was there and Justin had some time to look at it and the determine the extent of the water damage.  The verdict was that it was a great little trailer with extensive wood damage and rot, but he won't know the extent of the damage until he pulls it apart.  He believes it will need substantial frame repair, flooring, all new electrical, many new windows etc.  He quoted me a very  lose ball park figure and I was thrilled!  It was right where I figured it would be.  Of course this number could go down or up depending on what he finds once they pull it apart. 

Justin will be bringing the trailer back tomorrow and he is focused on finishing up his Westwood in time for the big vintage RV show in Pismo Beach California on the 17th.  When he returns he wants to talk about the trailer and getting it in.  He estimates it will take between 3 to 4 weeks to completely rebuild.  He is so busy I told him I would love to have done, but if he wants to work on it in between others I would understand.  He appreciates the flexibility and having someone who is easy to work with.

I have still been thinking about the 1951 Nash Ambassador Super Airflyte and how great it would look pulling the trailer.  My brother in Portland totally gets it and talked about how fun it would be to take it to Yellowstone National Park.  That would be an unbelievable experience and a trip of a lifetime.  We texted each other back and forth and sent several vintage photos of Yellowstone to capture the feel of what that experience would be like.

Back at home I let the chickens out, which made them very happy.  I check the coop and they only laid 3 eggs.  I can't figure out what is causing the sporadic egg laying and low production.

It was a very nice day and I was ready to turn in early.

No comments:

Post a Comment