Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 265 Happy Easter

Sunday morning was cloudy and rainy.  I got ready to go to church and drove part way there in a complete downpour.  It was a far cry from yesterday, but I remember many an Easter, where it rained, hailed and was sunny all in the same day.
 
By the time I got home it was turning out to be a fairly nice day.  I got home and let the chickens out and they had laid 3 eggs.  I gathered them up and added them to the batch in the refrigerator.  Since it was Easter I figured I should make some deviled eggs.  You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to hard boil eggs, but every time I do, something goes wrong.  I have been told to boil eggs for ten minutes once the water starts boiling.  The last batch didn't turn out done enough, so today I'm going to boil them for 12 minutes. 

Boiling eggs

The eggs boiled for 12 minutes and I pulled them off the stove and then ran cold water over them cooling them quickly.  I then put them in the refrigerator for later.  When I came back to them and started peeling them the shell did not want to let go of the shell.  I peeled  half a dozen and some were soft and the other just held tight to the shell, they were a mess.  I got enough to make some deviled eggs, but they looked horrible, I need my mom!  I know the eggs were fresh, as I had just gathered them from the coop.  How hard can it be to boil water with eggs in it.  The next time I boil eggs I'll boil them for 15 minutes and see if that makes a difference.

The rest of the day I spent working in the garage and restoring two interior lights for the Packard.  I purchased the lights at the Portland Swap Meet and they needed to be cleaned up.  I pulled them apart and then used a copper wire wheel brush to polish off the rust and tarnish.  They cleaned up great, and now all I need to do is hook them up, so that when the doors open they come on, but that will have to wait until another day.

It turned out to be another nice day, not as warm as yesterday, but still very nice.  At 8pm I went for my run and then I cam home for a late dinner of ham, spinach salad, baked potato and ugly deviled eggs.

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment