Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 241, Thursday and the start of the Portland Swap Meet

I think I look forward to the Portland Swap Meet more than Christmas. There is something about looking at endless cars and parts for four days. I have been going to this event for 18 years now and I never get tired of it. I'm hoping to that I might find a great car to buy that would I be able to pull the Traveleze with.


1966 Buick Skylark GS

My friend Jon picked me up at 7:15am and we were on our way to Portland. We had several stopped before we were ready to hit the road. After getting a tire fixed on the car trailer and getting gas we finally heading to Portland. Jon was taking a 1966 Buick Skylark Gran Sport to sell and a bunch of parts. We arrived in Portland at 11:30am a minute before our friends from Eugene and Prineville showed up. By 12 noon we were heading to the swap meet to set up booths.

There is always a buzz of excitement getting to the swap meet and I can't wait to go see what's there. The meet covers acres and acres and thousands of cars and parts. My first run around turned up s few nice cars but nothing I thought I had to have.

By 6pm most of the venders had showed up but tomorrow will be the official opening of the event and lots more cars will arrive.

Our group went to Chinese for dinner and we had a great time. I was in bed by 9pm and the alarm was set for 4:15am.

No comments:

Post a Comment