Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 256, TGIF

It has been one long week and today I'm supposed to drive to Albany for  meeting.  I just can't figure out how to justify driving 268 miles for a 2 hour meeting, so I decided to call in.

The meeting was at 10am to noon and the phone call in worked great.  The meeting was a massive disappointment and to say I was upset, was an understatement.  I'm all about following the rules and this group decided to break from Roberts Rules of Order and standard parliamentary procedures, removing two of us from the discussion and holding a vote without us.  I plan to voice my extreme disappointment and expect the Board of this organization to address the issue.  This must not be allowed to happen again, or I will simply will resign for the way they chose to operate using bad business practices.  Needless to say the meeting was very disappointing and I was sad to see this meeting run  in such an unprofessional manner.

The highlight of the day was the fact that it was Friday and the downtown was hosting a "Walk the Art Beat" event, where merchants hosted local artist.  This event was all featuring local childcare's art from the schools.  The weather cooperated and the event was a great success.  I managed to get home around 8pm and I was very tired.  It had been a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment