Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 266, Monday April 25, and it's snowing

The Monday morning alarm went off  and when I put my glasses on and  looked out the window it was spitting snow.  Winter just does not want to let go and I wanted to pull the covers over my head and wake up when summer arrives.  It was going to snow off and on all day and it was a typical spring day with rain, snow, sleet and sunshine. 

1954 Chevy Bel Air

At 1pm I ran home for lunch and the winds were so strong I was wondering if their might be damage.  The trees were moving and the house was popping.  I usually let the chickens out at lunch, but it was just too windy and I figured they would be better if they stayed in.  I had gone to the feed store on my way home, so I had a fresh bag of cracked corn and filled their feeder clear full.  I gathered 5 eggs so after a long dry spell, production was looking better.

There was no word on the trailer today, but tomorrow I plan on stopping by to take a look at a car Justin has, a 1954 Chevy Bel Air 2 door sedan.  I've been looking for something to pull my trailer and Justin just happen to have this car and is thinking of selling it.  Who knows, this might be the car that I have been looking for, I'll give it a look over tomorrow.

It was a blustery day and winter weather blew back in with full force.  The only sign of spring was the fact that the lawn is now green and the daffodils are blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment