Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 243, Saturday and more car parts

Large trailer at P.I.R.
It was up at 4:45am, again, to be ready to go for breakfast by 5am and then to catch the shuttle to the Expo by 5:45am.  The gates open at 6am for vendors and we had to be there the minute the gates open (I have no idea why).  At 7am the gates open to the public and today should be the busiest day.

The weather was cool and spitting rain.  The forecast has was for showers all day but the sun did manage to show up every now and then.

Gretchen and Me
At 2pm I decided to go down to Portland International Raceway where there were more car parts and cars for sale.  There was even a larger trailer!  I walked the entire track which I think is about 2 miles and then headed back to the Expo Center.  Instead of taking a shuttle I decided to jog back.  It is a little over a mile back to the Expo and I ran it in 10 minutes.

The Swap meet closed at 5pm and we went back to the hotel.  We had dinner reservations for 13 at 6:30pm which gave us time to clean up and rest a bit.  I sat next to my friends Gretchen and Todd - awesome people!  This is a great group of people and I enjoy seeing them all together once a year.  This was my 18th Swap Meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment