Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 269, Thursday and the Business Expo

It was another morning intermittent snow showers and sleet.  It had the look and feel of winter but here is April 28th.

Today at work is our Business Expo and I would be busy all day working on the event which runs from 11:45am to 6pm. The event starts off with a lunch and then moves into the Business Expo which showcased 50 business's and their products and services.  With the weather being so horrible it was a great way to spend your day the attendance was very good.  However as the hour passed 5pm the attendance dropped off dramatically and the vendors started to pack up.  Instead of finishing at 6pm were were packed up and done by 6pm, which honestly felt good.  It had been a long successful day.

Back undercover
Following the Expo I had a "meet and greet" for two candidates for the new Airport Manager position.  I had been standing all day, so I knew my time was going to be limited.  I stayed around an hour and then headed for home.

Justin brought my trailer back shortly after I arrived and hooked it up to the John Deere and backed it back into its spot under the roof behind the shop.  Justin said he was eager to work on the trailer and would be in touch after he got back from the Pismo Beach Rally in late May.

By 8pm it was already 31 degrees and it was bitterly cold with the wind.  I was done for the day.

I checked my computer and found that I had more pictures of the Nash.  I still think it's a great car, but as my brother pointed out it is a project and just how many projects can I take on?  It's a very good point but I still think I need to consider looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment