Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 251, Sunday, no call on the trailer


A 1954 Yellowstone that got away.
 So Saturday I had discovered a 1954 Yellowstone trailer for sale in Ashland and I sent an inquiry into its availability, but today the add has been pulled.  I had obviously gotten to it too late.  What a neat looking trailer, it's was 19' with two doors and each door had a round porthole window.  I have a feeling this will be on my "someday must own" list.  It would be a great transition trailer, as I work towards my ultimate goal of a 1950, 30' Spartanette.

Sunday was nice enough to actually go outside and work in the yard.  I was actually able to mow the lawn for the first time of the season.  The yard always looks so much better after it's mowed, even if the lawn isn't exactly green yet.  The mower sucked up the last few leaves of fall and all the pine needles that blew down over the winter.   I have also learned that it sucks up chicken poop too.

The chickens enjoyed the day outside digging and making their usual mess.  The egg production was at 6 for the day which was good.

I was able to wash the Packard and get her looking good again.  Next weekend is the first car show of the season and I might be able to go down for part of the day. 

As the sun started heading closer to the  horizon I figured I had enough time to go for run.  I ran my usual loop which is a little over 2 miles and half way there I ran into my friend and neighbor Jon, who was just leaving his house.  He lives exactly 1 mile, so walked with him back to my house.  I gave him a dozen eggs and headed home.  I was feeling like I kind of cheated on my run so I thought I should run the loop again, which I did.  I ran a total of 3 miles and walked 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment