Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 262, Thursday Leadership

I was out the door at 7am to run some errands before the Leadership program began at 8am.  I needed donuts, coffee, fresh fruit, bottled water, and other snacks to get us through the day.

The day started off with a tour of the Fire Department, then the Police Department, then lunch, and then a drive to Bend to meet with the District Attorney, the Sheriff and to take a tour of the County Jail.  It was a long day and the tour of the jail actually went 45 minutes longer than scheduled, ending at 5:30pm.  No one complained because the information and tour was outstanding.  By the time I got back to the office, unloaded my truck and got home it was 6:45pm.   It was a great day and I think everyone learned a lot, I know I did, and this is my 6th year running the program.

hungry chickens
It was nice to be home and to be able to changed into more comfortable cloths, and the first thing I wanted to do was check on the chickens and let them out.  They only laid 3 eggs, so production is definitely down. My friend Tracy had called and wanted to bring her friend Lorraine from Portland and her two boys Eddie and Brock over to see they chickens.  They had never feed chickens by hand or collected fresh eggs from a coup, so Tracy thought this would be fun for them.  They arrived shortly after 7pm and the chickens were running around having a great time in the yard.  We fed them crackers and collected the 3 eggs and the boys had a great time.  It was hard to believe that it was April 21, as the temperature had already dropped into the 30's, burr, so our time with the chickens was kept short.

After everyone left, I grabbed a bite to eat and then started doing my laundry.  I get the clothes done Thursday night, peel the sheets off the bed Friday morning and by Friday evening all my laundry is done just as the weekend begins.  The best part is clean sheets Friday night and laying in bed on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment