Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 260, The Traveleze comes out of hibernation

The Traveleze hooked and ready to head to Bend.
After months of being tucked behind the shop, I pulled the Traveleze out from its hibernating place and into the sun.  Justin from Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration backed his truck in place and the Traveleze was hitched in place, chained up, plugged in and ready to for its journey to Bend.





Heading down the long drive and one step closer to restoration.

I had forgotten what a great shape this little trailer has and when I pulled it out from behind the shop, I couldn't help but think, what a neat little trailer.  I even think Justin liked it more than he remembered.  We talked about its shape, we looked at all the flaws and we discussed the many possibilities for it's restoration; and with the Traveleze firmly hooked to Justin's Dodge, the little trailer rolled down my driveway for the first time in 8 months.



Today was my workout day and with the weather being so nice, we decided to go for a run.  This was my best run to-date, with my lungs performing great and my legs holding up with no problems.  I think we ran a little over 3 miles in about 27 minutes, which was my best time so far.  It was an awesome feeling, to be able to breath and to be able to run again.


The 1950 Traveleze behind the 1950 Anderson at Flyte Camp
Vintage Trailer Restoration in Bend, OR, both in need of a little TLC.
Following my workout I couldn't help but drive over to Flyte Camp and see my trailer and the many awesome projects that Justin and his team were working on.  I am so envious of their talent and ability to restore these beautiful rolling works of art.  These guys are amazing and gave me a complete tour.  I really appreciate what they do and feel very comfortable having them working on my trailer.  I wanted to give Justin a small token of my appreciation, so I had brought a dozen eggs from my chickens.  Nothing says, thank you, better than farm fresh eggs.  Well, cash works too, but that will come after the restoration.

  
A 1963 Shasta undergoing a complete restoration.

It was a great day and I look forward to hearing Justin's thoughts on my trailer after he has a chance to dig into it and asses the extent of deterioration.

Back at home the chickens had spent the afternoon out in the yard and they only laid 2 eggs, or did they lay some out in the yard?  Tomorrow I am going to leave them in the pen until I get home after work and my workout.  They always lay their eggs by early afternoon and I'll see if there are more than two.

I have the Leadership program on Thursday so I'll be working out again on Wednesday, and maybe stopping by Flyte Camp.





No comments:

Post a Comment