Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 259, Monday and trailer pick up day.

Monday morning came early in the predawn hours of 4am, as I was awoken to the sound of cat trying to hack up a hairball in the other room.  I jumped out of bed, turned on the light and ran to the other room just to get there to see he cat hack all over the tile floor.  This was a mixed event, on one hand he hacked up the mess on the tile floor and not the carpet, but on the other hand I still had to clean it up.    I decided that the good out weighed the bad and quickly cleaned it up and went back to bed.

Work was busy, and I had memorial service to go to in the afternoon for a wonderful man who had really contributed to development of the community.  There was also a service in the morning for the wife of a gentleman I serve on a Board with.  I think one service was all I can manage in a day but my thoughts and prayers are with both families for the loss of their loved ones.

As for the trailer today was not going to be the day, but tomorrow at 10:30am is.  I am just so ready to find out what it's going to take to get this trailer back to functional and restore its charm.

At 3:15pm I left for the service that was to start at 3:33pm.  It was a wonderful tribute and lengthy, with the eulogy ending at 5:30pm.  I couldn't help but think what a life well lived and done well.

The day was absolutely beautiful and even though it was sunny with blue skies it was cold.  I spent a few minutes working on the trailer getting it ready for tomorrow and clearing everything out of the way.  Tomorrow will be a big day in the life of the Traveleze.  Hopefully once at the restoration shop we can find out how bad the damage is and what it will take to get it back on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment