Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 247, It's snowing

I got to work and it started snowing like it was the dead of winter.  The snow quickly started to cover the ground and we all feared that this might actually accumulate into something.  Luckily after only about an hour it stopped snowing and started to clear up.  By noon it was actually a very nice day but very cold.

I had driven the Mercedes to work and it got caught in the snow storm, so I needed to wash it and put it back in the garage.  It was sunny and 37 degrees at 6pm.  I washed the car quickly and nearly froze my hands off and got it put away as fast as I could.  I was ready to go in and stay in.

Since I had the garden hose out, I let the water run for several hours to fill the pond.  Over the winter the water level had really dropped and the fish needed a little attention.

Back inside I called on a Packard engine that was listed on Craigslist and it sounds like it would be perfect for my 120 convertible.  I'm hoping to replace the engine that is in my car with a correct engine and add the overdrive transmission that I bought at the Portland Swap meet.  Tomorrow I need to call a shipping company and see how expensive it might be have it shipped to Redmond, it might be cost prohibitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment