Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 267, Tuesday April 26

Not a very exciting day, but it was sunny and a nice change from yesterday.  The overnight low was 22 and when I drove to work it was 27.  I like to be postive about each day and start off with a good attitude, but today I was a little tired of the cold.

Work was busy with an Excutive Board meeting over the lunch hour and the highlight was having lunch from Baldy's BBQ.   I spent most of the day writing my monthly news article, scheduling the speakers for May's Leadership class and sorting through papers on my desk. 

It was also, workout day, so I left the office and had a phone conference on the way to the gym.   The meeting was frustrating to say the least and this group actually thinks they don't need follow Roberts Rules of order or any rules for that mater;  I was dumbfounded.  These people who I respect, basicly said they didn't want rules, because that would mean they would have to follow them.  I'm all about professionalism and transparency and this was a blaintent slap in the face to both.  I was late for the gym and beyond disappointed in this Board.

My trainer tried to get my mind off my meeting, but I'm affraid I was too disappointed and upset.  I usually can keep a good perspective and set my boundaries but this was too much.  I worked up a good sweat and my tardiness meant I only got a half hour workout.

I stopped off at Costco on my way home, pickimg up a few items and then heading home.  I was ready to forget the work day and unwind.  I let the chickens out, they always make me chuckle and I collected 3 eggs.  I don let work into my home so I forced myself to forget my frustrations of the day.

A 1951 Nash Ambassador Super would look awesome pulling the
Traveleze trailer.

At 8pm I received a phone call from a person who I had emailed about a car for sale.  He was selling his 1951 Nash Ambassador Super, which is quite possibly the ugliest car ever made, but it would be perfect for pulling the trailer.  The shape is awesome, and it extremely unusual in both form and function.  He told me the car is not perfect and that it looked better in pictures.  It needs chrome work, driver floor repaird, interior and possibly paint.  It is however a great driver, that you can have fun with until you deside to do a full restoration.  Mechanically it is very sound, drives great and gets over 22 mpg on the highway.  The unique thing about the car is that the seats fold down into a bed and the car even comes with a bug screen for the window when camping. 

I soon had forgotten all my cares and could go to bed with vissions of a 1950 Traveleze trailer being pulled by a 1951 Nash.


No comments:

Post a Comment