Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 271, I'm Leaving on a jet plane

Wow, did I sleep good after having stayed up the night before watching the Royal Wedding, but I needed to get up and get a few things done before I depart for the airport.

I don't know what is about leaving for a trip, but I always have to have the house completely picked up. I guess because I hate to come home to a week old mess and with the laundry done, dusting, plants watered, house vacuumed, pets cared for I was ready to go.

Tracy picked me to take me to the airport and with one bag and a carry-on I was on my way. I used my miles to buy my ticket, but they now charge $20 to check a bag. I really didn't want to lug 2 bags around, so I decided to check one. I was informed that for $50 I could up grade to First Class and my bag would be free! It took me 1 second to whip out my credit card. At 6'3" I can use every inch of space.

The flight from Redmond to Portland was smooth and quick. I had one hour in between my flight to Palm Springs, which gave me time to stretch my legs and grab something to eat. It was also nice to be able to board the plane first as part of the first class cabin.

The flight was smooth and I was extremely comfortable and the flight was actually early. It took a little over 4 hours and I had flown from Redmond to Palm Springs California. My folks were here to get me and they look great. Sunny California has treated them well and they had a great tan. I happen to be suffering from a long Central Oregon winter and my skin was as pasty white as snow, I need some serious sun!

I'm looking forward to spending some time away and feeling some much warm spring weather.

I left my chickens, cats and house in good hands of a good friend and told him I would pay him in eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment