Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 263, Friday

In Thursday's mail, I had received the 1990 Rolls Royce Service Manual on CD and I was anxious to get to Lance, to see if it would help him with the cruise control and now airbag light.  I called him and said I would drop it off on my lunch break which I take at 1pm.  He was excited and hoped it would have the information he needed.  I think after 6 month, he is getting a little tired of having my car take up space in his shop.


195? Terry
After dropping off the CD, I wanted to take a quick trip to look at a trailer that I have been driving past for years.  It only took me 5 minutes to get there and the owner of the trailer was sitting out in front of his business soaking up the sun.  When I got out of the car he asked if he could help me and I asked if I could look at his trailer.  He said it was not for sale, but sure I could look at it.  I asked him what year it was and he wasn't sure, but he knew his Dad bought new and that he had it when he bought the property back in 1957.  I guessed it was a 1955, and it looked like it was 19' to 20' and it said Terry on the front so that part was easy.  It has two doors and has been sitting in the same spot for nearly 60 years.  The paint has faded but the siding was perfect with no dents, not even hail damage.

I ended up spending about 40 minutes chatting with the guy (Bill) and I really enjoyed talking with him.  He is quite a character and has lots of stories about the area.  When I left I asked him to add my name to the long list of people who want the trailer if he ever decides to sell it.  He laughed and said he would.

I was a little late getting back to the office, but it was Friday and I had a long day the day before.  I had still had thank you notes to get out to yesterdays speakers and then the day was pretty much done.

At 6pm I was to meet Tracy, her friend Lorraine and her boys Eddie and Brock at the movies.  We were going to see Hop, which seemed appropriate since Easter is on Sunday.  It was fun movie and we topped it off with ice cream afterwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment