Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 244, Sunday, last day of the meet and time to head home.

The Swap Meet opens an hour later today, so I got sleep in until 5:30am, YEAA.  We all checked out at the front desk and we all took advantage of the hotel's continental breakfast.

1966 Buick Skylark GS, in primer ready for paint
The gates opened at 7am and this time we drove our over, so we could hook out trucks and haul everything home when the event was over at 1pm.

I had to walk every inch one last time just in case something showed that I hadn't seen before.  I  love this event every year and I was sad to see it come to an end once again.  It's amazing how fast time flies and before I knew it was 1pm and we hooked up and hauling the 1966 Buick Skylark GS home to Redmond.

After dropping the car off and unloading all the unsold parts, Jon took me home at 5pm.  I unpacked and started doing laundry.  The lawn has started to turn green so I decided it was time to start up the sprinkler system.  I also thought I should saw down one of the junipers that I had tied up after the snow flattened them.

It was nice to be home, but I missed my friends and the smell of car parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment