Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 485, Sons of Norway Meeting tonight

Tonight is the Son's of Norway meeting at 7pm.  The lodge is kind of fun, but there is some lack of meeting guidelines, so they often get off track and it prolongs the meetings way too long.  My friend Tracy is the new in coming Treasurer for the Lodge so we planed to meet up for dinner in Bend.

Tracy had a meeting that got out at 5:30 in Bend and I was going to meet her at McGraths for dinner.  I got there a little after 6 pm and we quickly realized that we didn't have time to eat there. Instead  I grabbed a burger at Wendy's and she had a power bar.  I hadn't eaten a Wendy burger in years and it actually was really good.

At the lodge members were busy working outside on the float for the big Bend parade this weekend. Inside there was a good turnout for the meeting and as expected the meeting went long and lasted an hour and half.  It drives me crazy when meetings get side tracked and we end out talking about something that is not for the good of the order, but I survived.  The funny part was my brother in Portland was texting me the entire meeting sending me pictures from Santa Clause is Coming to Town.  My brother and I have never grown up and we still love all of the holiday classics.

Following the meeting they were decorating the tree for the lodge, but I had to get Tracy back to her car, which we left at McGrath's.  She had an early meeting in the morning and needed to get home.  I was starting to get tired, so I was looking forward to crashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment