Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 493, Friday and taking the day off.

I have 89 hours of vacation that need to be taken by the end of this year and it's just not going to happen, but I did decide to take today off and get caught up on some Christmas stuff.  One of the new members to the Lodge had asked me about cutting a tree for Christmas I told him all the basics.  He is from Denmark and has lived here for over 20 years but has yet to cut a tree.  He was hoping to take his two daughters and his 18 year old nephew on a Christmas adventure.  I had a few extra tree cutting permits from last year and I offered them if they wanted them.

One big Tree!
At 9 am I got a call saying that they would be by about 10 am to pick up the passes.  I could tell he was still a little unsure of where to go and I offered to go along if he would like and show them where the good trees are.  He jumped on my offer and said he would greatly appreciate it.  At 10 am we were on our way to cut a tree.  He wanted a very tall tree, one that his daughters would not forget.  As it turned out the girls did not come a long and it was just the tree of us.  There was no snow and the road was clear.  After about 30 minutes of walking through some great trees we found the perfect tree, it was about 16' tall.

Enjoying the Season
I helped get the lights on and then it was time for me to actually do some shopping for a few things that I needed. I also needed to stop off at Flyte Camp and go over the final estimates and cost of the Traveleze.  The price keeps climbing as I keep taking the trailer to the next level.  At this point there really can't be anymore surprises, as the entire trailer will be all new.  Can you still call this a restoration, or is a rebuild?

Tonight I have been invited to a Open House/Christmas party at my trainers house.  I had invited Tracy to go with me and said I would pick her up at 5:45 pm. The party was very fun, full of lots of people and the energy and conversation was cranked way up.  It truly felt like the holidays going to a party

It had been a great day and enjoyed every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment