Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 494, Sons of Norway Bake Sale

A great turnout at the Lodge for the Sale
Today the Son's of Norway is having their big back sale and Bazaar.  The lodge had asked if I was going to be there to help and I didn't commit.  I was up by 7:30 am and figured I should be a good incoming President and at least show up for part of the sale.  I was out the door and on my way by 8:15 am.

I got to the lodge at 8:45 am and the parking lot was already clear full.  The event was to start at 9 am, but people were already inside.  The ladies at the bake sale were still setting up, so everyone asked to please wait until they were 9 am.  The crowds just kept coming and they started 10 minutes early.

Enamelware camp set
The entire event was a huge success with the estimates on the sale being close to $5,000.  I stayed the entire sale from 9 am to 3 pm and helped clean up following the event, which took about an hour and half. 

On my way home I stopped off at the Sportsman Warehouse to look for stuff I can use in the Traveleze.  I have a gift certificate for $100 that I need to use and I found lots of things.  They had a great selection of Enamelware and I was torn between the blue or the red.  I think I want the red plates, bowls and cups, but blue coffee pot and pot.  They also had great cast iron pans in all sizes.  I also had to chuckle at the options in port-a-potties, everything from from a 5 gallon bucket to fully flushing.  I was very excited with all the things they had and I can't wait to go stock up the Traveleze.

I got home around 6:30 pm and it had been a long day.  The only thing I had on my agenda was putting up the Polar Express Lionel train around the tree.  The train is always a hit with little people and this year at the Christmas party will probably be lots of kids.

It was a very fun day and I really enjoyed being apart of the Son's of Norway Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment