Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 488, The second Sunday of Advent

It was another beautiful frosty sunny morning and I just laid in bed and looked out over the back yard and the horses enjoying the morning.  I never get tiered at looking at the horses and enjoy them when the pastured in the front fields so I can see them from the house.

I got ready for church and headed out the door cutting close as usual.  I don't know what my problem is, but I am always one of the last ones arriving at church.  Today is the second Sunday of Advent and I am sure the choir will be singing lots of Christmas chorals today.  I really enjoy going to church and especially during the holidays.

Immediately after church I was picking up Tracy to go Christmas tree shopping.  My Dad also wanted to meet us at the lot and help pick out a tree for them that I could deliver in my truck.  Tracy this year wanted to try a Noble Fir, something she has never done, as she enjoys the bushy cultured Douglas Fir's.  This year she said she was ready for something different.  She walked into the tree lot and the guy had a tree in his hands and she that's it.  4.2 seconds and she was done.  My Dad and I took a while longer to find taller trees and we finally came up with two that would do.  They were not exactly as tall as we would have liked, but they were good looking trees and do just fine.

Dad headed home and I took Tracy back to her place and got her tree put into a stand and watered.  I let her get to decorating and I headed to my house to drop my tree off before heading to my folks.  I helped get my parents tree up and watered and put their lights on for them.  I figured Mom could spend the day hanging ornaments and Dad could help with higher up ornaments.
Reindeer at Operation Santa Clause

On my way back to my house I stopped off at the reindeer ranch and buy a tree for the potting shed and to of course checkout Santa's reindeer.  The reindeer ranch was once North America's largest reindeer heard but it has been reduced to a small heard after the Mad Cow scare prevented them from traveling out of state during the holidays.  It was still fun to see them even if they are just down the road from me and I see them almost everyday; there is just something special about seeing them during Christmas time.

I decided to get the lights up on the big spruce and it took the 12' ladder and the my 15' extension pole to put up the lights up on the tree.  It wasn't the best job but the tree has just gotten a bit too big, but I still enjoy the having the lights on it.  Once the tree was done I got the potting shed tree put up and then spend an hours vacuuming out the shed getting looking nice.  Once that was done I then got my big tree in the stand and the living room.  I spent the next hour cleaning up the garage and put all the Christmas light boxes put away.

It was a productive weekend and now I was feeling like I wasn't so far behind the decorating curve ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment