Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 506, Looking for 1950 Traveleze windows, continued

I figured the best thing for me to do to help in the search for windows is start posting for "HELP" and I sent a call to the people on the Tin Can Tourists Yahoo page.  There a lot of members on the site from all parts of the country and surely one of them might have a lead for me. I don't have a very good picture, but I posted the same one I put here and hopefully someone will recognize the picture.

Today is also the last day of work, as we are closed Friday the 23 thru January 3, 2012.  It was nice to spend some time with the office and just unwinding from the crazy last few weeks.  At 5 pm it was time to lock up and say good bye until next year.

Tim's new purchase a 1936-37 Pierce Arrow
Late in the evening I received several emails from a guy who got me hooked on vintage trailers.  Tim restores trailers in Florida and I ran into him and his Spartanette at a show in Louisville, KY, in July of 2010. I had asked Tim several questions earlier in the week and he said he would reply after he got back from picking up 1936-37 Pierce Arrow trailer that was 250 miles from his home in Florida.  He had a few recommendations on where to look for windows, as well as, just posting for help like I did.  He also gave me the number of the stain I should use on the Traveleze, #245 Golden Pecan from Home Depot.  I'll have to get some and try it out on a sample board.

It was another great day and I am so looking forward to have the next week off to enjoy the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment