Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 510, Christmas round two.

Enamelware dish set for the Traveleze
Today my brother and his family from Portland are coming over.  There estimated time of arrival is around 3pm.  I slept in until 8:15 am and enjoyed the quiet house and a gradual awakening.

Once I got going it was full steam ahead.  I wanted to be at WalMart by 9am to see if I could buy Christmas lights for the office to use downtown next year.  I was surprised to see that they had nothing.  My next thought was Lowe's and they had 16 cases at 50% off.  I bought a case for myself and had the office buy the remaining 15.

From there I hit several stores checking out the sales and I even headed into Bend to see what deals I could find there.  I stopped off at the Sportsman Warehouse and I spent my gift card on a set of enamelware dishes, a cutting board and cast iron skillet for the trailer.  From there I ran to Costco, and Barnes and Noble.  It was now pushing 2 pm, so I needed to think about heading home and going over to my folks to meet my brother and his family for Christmas round two. 

A very cool retro radio by Crosley for the Traveleze.
My timing was perfect and I had no more pulled into my driveway when my mom had called to say that they had arrived.  I unloaded my truck and headed over to my brother and his family.  As always we had a great time and the kids, ages 6 and 8, were ready to open packages.  I was very happy to receive from Sister-in-law and brother a very retro radio for the Traveleze.  I opened immediately and plugged my iPhone into it, tuned to Pandora, and played Christmas music for the evening.

Today is also my nephews birthday so we had a great time watching him celebrate his birthday.

It was great to have everyone home for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment