Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 487, A beautiful Saturday

I started with the front and then the lights
Wow, did I sleep like a rock I actually woke up at 8 am!  I rarely sleep that late and with two cats, one of them is usually standing on me well before than to get me up and feed them or give them some quality time.  I spent the morning puttering around the house and cleaning up from the week.  At about 11 am I started putting up the lights or at least tried to untangle the mess I had created last season when I just dumped everything into boxes.  It took me about an hour to untangle and check for bad bulbs before I was ready to start hanging the lights.

After about 5 hours almost all the lights were up except for the big Spruce tree in the back yard and thought maybe this year the tree is just too big and I will skip it.  I was also short an extension cord after I cut one in half with the electric trimmers this summer.  As the sun started to set and the timers came on I realized that the back yard just looked dark without the Spruce tree lite up.  Tomorrow I'll have to buy another cord.

Lights on the potting shed
At 6 pm I headed over to my folks for dinner.  They had invited me to go out after I was done with my lights and I was really hungry.  My mom wanted to go try the new Cafe' at the resort as she had heard they had good pizza's.  The resort was hosting Santa in the lobby of the hotel and they were giving away cookies and hot chocolate, so as we waited for the pizza I enjoy desert first.  The pizza was very good, freshly made and it hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment