Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 501, Sons of Norway Christmas dinner

I had a great night sleep after the party and woke up feeling great.  I finished cleaning up and sorting through the host gifts that I received and finished cleaning by vacuuming the entire house.

Lucia is in the center with a crown of candles
Tonight is night two of the Sons of Norway's Christmas dinner and my brothers family, my parents, their friends and my friend Doug and I are going. This is an awesome event filled with Scandinavian traditions, food and music.  The highlight of the evening is the Santa Lucia precession with the children.  This is the tradition where a young girl brings the gift of light to the people of Norway when the days are short and light is scarce.  While the Lucia started in Italy it was adopted by Norwegians long ago.

There was a shortage of help in the kitchen and Edna was all by herself to serve food to 90+ people.  My brother Scott and I jumped in to help serve the meal and we all helped stay and clean up and set the tables for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment