Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 497, Tuesday

It was another busy day, with a board meeting at noon and Business After Hours from 4:30pm to 5:30pm.  My mom had invited me for dinner and she was serving pot roast, yum, my favorite.

I got home around 9pm and realized that tomorrow I'm supposed to take the 69 Malibu to a photo shoot in Bend.  I haven't started the car in months, so I figured I better clear the path and get it moved to the front of the garage.  The battery is on a trickle charger, so it was fully charged, but when I went to turn the key there was nothing.  It seemed like the starter was stuck.  I tried the oldest trick in the book taking a hammer to it and gave it several good hits, but no luck.  I texted my good friend and neighbor Jon, and he said he would come over.  A few moment later he was in my driveway and he brought a voltage tester.  We checked connections and everything seemed fine a few more taps on the starter and we decided it was a frozen solenoid.

Plan B for the photo shoot was to take Jon's 1964 Malibu SS convertible, but he offered his 1960 Corvette instead.  I'm a little nervous about driving his pride and joy and a true flawless show car.  I'll keep my fingers crossed and drive extra carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment