Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 514, Friday!

The interior of the Traveleze coming all back together.
Today I visited the Traveleze and there has been a lot of work done since my last visit.  All of the cabinet doors and drawers are in.  The counter top and table top have been covered with new red swirled marmoleum and all the insulation is in place.  They have been lightly hand sanding with a fine sand paper and are getting ready to stain/shellack the interior.  Justin was hoping to a coat on before the weekend, so it could dry and be ready for more coats and varnish next week.  By the end of next week the plumbing should in, as well as, the electrical.

Justin drilling the finger hole in the sink cover.
I am so pleased with what I'm seeing it has been well worth the wait.  I believe this is some of their finest craftsmanship and I think the end result is going to far beyond my wildest expectations.  We have still not been able to find to replacement windows to match and I'm hoping someone out there might know were I could find them.  It has been very difficult to find 19" x 25" windows and we have had zero success finding the exact match.

The weather started to turn a bit more seasonally appropriate and the sky was spitting snow.

On the chicken front at around 10 am I heard the chickens all up in a ruckus and I went out to investigate and to feed them some rolls.  I was surprised to see a large red tail hawk sitting on the fence next to the coop.  As I approached, he flew off and his wing span had to be nearly 5' across.  The chickens were very happy to see me scare off the hawk and even more excited to get the rolls.  
A hungry hawk wanting a nice big chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment