Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 486, Friday and going home early.

All week long I have been saying I am going to go home early and get my lights put up on the house.  I'm hoping today will be the day.  It has been a long productive week and I am so ready for the weekend.  I feel like I am falling behind in the Christmas rush, but I know I can get caught up this weekend.

Getting Rolls ready for Airport Duty
At 2 pm after everyone had finished there lunches I decided I was going home.  It was a full day off or even a half day but I was very happy to be going home.  I didn't have a lot of time before it was getting dark but I manage to dig out all my Christmas light and some of my decorations.  I figured I could get the inside decorated and start on the lights tomorrow.

At 9:40 pm my parents were flying in for the holidays.  I pulled the Rolls out of the garage and got it ready for airport duty.  The car needs to be driven at least monthly, or it will have some kind of issue from sitting.  I think it is a riot to pick them up in the car and give my mother the Queen treatment and she doesn't seem to complain.  At 9:30 pm I looked out at the sky and to the north and I could see their flight coming in right on schedule, so I got in the car and headed to the airport.  When I was about half way there my folks called saying they had just landed.  By the time I got to the airport curbside they had collected their luggage and walked right out.  The timing was perfect.

Getting out the Christmas decorations
I got my folks home and settled in and then headed home.  I spend the rest of the evening putting out Christmas decoration and enjoying some sounds of the seasons.  At about 11:30 I realized I had clean sheets on the bed and I was exhausted from the long week. 

Let the weekend begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment