Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 505, Need to find windows for the Traveleze

One of the challenges in restoring the Traveleze is turning out to be finding two original style window.  Sometime during the 60's the windows on the left side of the trailer were replaced and one was enlarged.  I want to return to the original size and style but that is turning out to be a huge challenge. 

I'm needing two more side windows like these!
During my visit today Justin expressed his frustration in not being able to find the missing windows or the missing parts to the front window.  All of the window mechanisms had been removed at some point and the glass siliconed in place.  I'm paying by the hour and every minute Justin spends researching or looking on line is costing me $$.  Justin wanted wanted to know what I wanted him to do.  I can't have a trailer with no windows, so I was kind of at a loss.  My thought was to keep looking and to research the possibility of having something fabricated.  Justin knows of another trailer in WA that could be used for parts but its a 6 hour drive up to get it and another 6 back.  I some how felt I screwed either way and this trailer is rapidly approaching that of the astronomical range.

I will try to do some research and post "HELP" to the trailer world and see if I can come up with the missing windows.

The windows are 19" x 25" and the glass panes are inset into the frame as apposed to the window capping or covering the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment